Hey everyone!! Sorry I've been so MIA lately and I am sorry this is the second blog in a row I have started with an apology!! I am **finally** into a routine and so hopefully I'll be able to post a couple times a week again!!
So, lately I have been sorting through a lot of things and learned some things about myself and basically growing up in general and I think thats what I am going to write about tonight. I don't want to go into too much detail because sometimes some things need to be left private, but here goes nothing.
1. Finding yourself sometimes results in losing people you never thought you would lose. Within the past year I have lost people I thought would be around forever. People have done things I would never imagine doing to someone I cared about. But people change, and I know I have changed. So sometimes these things happen and you have to move on and make sure you aren't the one intentionally hurting people thats really all you can do.
2. You also find people who will love you for who you are. I have met and reconnected with people that I would have never thought possible in the past year, and I have never been more thankful for them then lately. I have people that I know I can turn to at any time and they will be a source of comfort and love.
3. Your parents are smarter than you give them credit for. I say this one with love and warmth, but over the past year my parents have been the most stand up people in my life. I have been able to talk to them when I needed them most and have listened to me without any judgement and only support.
4. Sometimes, you just need your pets. I'm not even going to explain this any more because if you have a pet its pretty self explanatory.
(how can this face not make u feel better)
4. Sometimes, you got to forgive people even when they don't say sorry. I read a quote somewhere that said something along the lines of "holding onto anger is letting the other person live in your head rent free" and I really like it. You can't let people control your thoughts and own your mind. People will hurt you, you have to move on and better yourself from the experience.
5. There are not many things a good workout can't fix. I promise if you put on some shoes and sweat it out, your perspective will change and everything will seem clearer once some endorphins have been released.
6. Ice cream for breakfast will seem like a good idea when you're looking at it, but you will be stomach sick after and it's not worth it. Keep it for dessert, or at least after noon. I promise thats a better plan.
Sorry if this was too deep or too emotional, but I feel better when things are written down, so feel free to comment your thoughts or any lessons you guys think are important!!
"I'm proud of who I am, because I've fought to become her"